Alaska Air Group Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a paid internship, running May – August (negotiable). All candidates must be able to work on site in SeaTac, WA. If you have a passion for making a difference, initiative, eagerness to learn, positive attitude, and a strong sense of community, please consider applying for this position with Alaska Air Group Credit Union.
About the Position
The Member Service Representative (MSR) Intern is primarily responsible for conducting financial transactions between members and the credit union using a computer terminal. MSRs handle customer inquiries and problems, and maintain positive customer and member relations.
As part of Alaska Air Group Credit Union’s team, the Member Service Representative (MSR) Intern go beyond processing transactions – you’ll build relationships with the members to understand their financial goals, identify solutions that will benefit them and connect them to the appropriate teammate who can provide education and solutions to help them live their best financial lives.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union accounts, services and products.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints and /or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into the computer system according to credit union policies and procedures.
- Place holds and stop payments on accounts according to policy and procedures.
- Process withdrawals from accounts and/or share draft/check cashing, verify amounts, and enter withdrawals into the computer system accurately. Cash, share drafts/checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification according to credit union policy and procedures.
- Assist with posting of US Mail, Co-mail and/or email transactions.
- Receive loan payments and ensure the payments are posted accurately to the proper loan account.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift, research and resolve any discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor in accordance with the Member Service Standards Policy and Procedures. Scan deposit share drafts/checks and turn in C21 box at closing
- Open new accounts, and service existing accounts. Provide members with all the necessary documentation and information for membership.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by msr’s. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the msr area, including robbery procedures.
- Promote, explain and cross-sell other credit union services such as Audio, Home Banking, E Statements, Bill Pay, Visa Debit and Shared Branching.
- Ensure frontline area is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Perform various other duties as directed such as scanning, filing, and shredding.
- Develop a working knowledge of the credit union’s data processing and scanning systems.
- Develop an understanding of the credit union’s history, philosophy and operational procedures.
- Assist in any area as directed by a supervisor or senior management.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- Desire to provide first in class customer service to Alaska Air Group Credit Union members
- Comfortable using various technology platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required sometimes
This is a paid internship, running May – August. All candidates must be able to work on site in SeaTac, WA.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
AAGCU Human Resources
19530 International Blvd S, Suite 108
SeaTac, WA 90188